Massage affects the body and mind as a whole, increasing blood and lymph flow allowing you to become distinctly aware of the symbiotic relationship prevalent between all parts of your physical self. It is intended to stretch and loosen the muscles, facilitate the removal of metabolic wastes resulting from either exercise or inactivity and increase the flow of oxygen and nutrients to cells and tissues.
In addition, massage stimulates the release of endorphins - the body's natural painkiller into the brain and nervous system. Mentally, massage therapy provides a relaxed state of alertness, reduces anxiety and mental stress and enhances capacity for calm thinking and creativity.
WHEN NOT TO COME FOR MASSAGE :
When you have any of these conditions, please do not book a massage:
- Fever or infections
- Contagious diseases, including any cold or flu, no matter how mild it may seem
- Under the influence of drugs or alcohol-including prescription pain medication
- Recent operations or acute injuries - You will want your Doctors approval
- Skin diseases; shingles/herpes, extreme dermatitis
- Open Sores
- Severe high blood pressure not medically controlled